This week we continue our discussion about legislative tactics that might help animals. Starting with a brief look at the Plant Based Treaty and then moving on to welfare measures such as Prop 2 and Prop 12. With Prop 12, which requires specific square footage for animals exploited for food, about to take effect in CA many farmers are feeling the ripple effects of the measure. As they tell it, this new move could cost the industry millions and destroy their ability to profit off the death of animals. Could that possibly be the case? We’ll conclude by looking at a few bold initiatives that have the potential to go far beyond the mild welfare measures currently in place.
A transcript will be available here on October 6th.
Connect with us:
- Email TheBeardedVegans [at] gmail [dot] com
- Leave a voicemail: (323) 7BEARDO
- Visit TheBeardedVegans.com
- Support the podcast and get bonus episodes and merch HERE.
- Follow on Instagram and Facebook
Links and images coming soon!