With the mainstream movement placing so much emphasis on learning marketing techniques and social psychology in order to most effectively convert individuals to a plant based diet, we ask if manipulation is an inherent part of this type of activism. If it is, is that a bad thing? We’ll also talk about the difference between manipulation, persuasion, influence, and coercion, and how do they play into the struggle for justice.
Plus we talk about this absolutely bizarre marketing campaign, touting a podcast playlist purporting to use hypnotherapy to get people to stop eating meat. We’ll ask, what the hell is up with that, and why did so many outlets report on this as if it was a real thing?
Connect with us:
- Email TheBeardedVegans [at] gmail [dot] com
- Leave a voicemail: (323) 7BEARDO
- Visit TheBeardedVegans.com
- Support the podcast and get bonus episodes and merch HERE.
- Follow on Instagram and Facebook